Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Finished Kindergarten

I can't believe it.

It happened so fast.

Is someone speeding up time?

Somehow, my little baby boy, who is really a growing boy now...somehow...he has just completed Kindergarten! Today was his last day of school. Though he has summer camp to get through, technically he is now a first grader! A....FIRST...GRADER! Can you believe that?! His book bag folder had a list of supplies for first grade already. OMG.

I am very proud of him for getting through his first year of grade school. He had some challenges, but I think he did relatively well. But it's also bittersweet, as all milestones are for parents. I don't want him to keep growing up because he will be an adult sooner than I realize. Right now he needs me, and wants to play with me, and doesn't say that he "hates" me. Aside from the occasional annoyances, I love this time with him.

Still, most of me can't wait to see what he will be like as a first grader. MY first grader.

No comments:

Post a Comment